• Show
Clear All

• #13 MEMPHIS (14-2, 3-0) at WICHITA STATE (8-7, 0-2) Pregame Discussion 

Sunday, Jan. 14 | 12:00 p.m.
    Wichita, Kan. | Charles Koch Arena

TV: ESPN2
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM with Mike Kennedy & Dave Dahl

WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY
    Watching a potential winter storm. Snow showers early will become steadier snow in the afternoon. High 3F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Layer up, Shocker fans!

American Penny = 69
    American Wheathead = 70

Let's Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Wichita - 62
      Memphis - 87
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

With the bitter cold, the Shockers will need Mike Eruzione and his mates and their never give up mentality to win this game. Sorry Memphis fans, as much as I wish your team was golden like the 1980 Olympic hockey team because that would be great news for the Conference, you were exposed last night by UTSA as a KU clone, needing 43 free throws (more than double the opponent) to win. And the odd foul calls late in the game (that screen?) were laughable at best. Memphis is miles better than the Shockers. That being said, I would rather spend my time bicycling in this worthless crappy weather than drive out in sub zero weather. In fact, maybe I'll just go to the gym and watch on my phone or at the gym Scenery is so much better there.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I'm not sure the context of this post but I don't really care.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The latter part of last game we started involving KP more in the offense and we almost came back and won. That is a positive if sustained going forward. If our back court can just take care of the ball and Rogers can hit 50% of his shots we can win. It's time. Shocks with the upset 76-74

Comment

So far this season, traps and double teams have befuddled us and the results have been less than positive. Unless that changes substantially, and it's unlikely to over the course of just one week, then Memphis is going to be painful.

Comment

Shocks 81
                Memphis less.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                  Shocks 81
                  Memphis less.
                  We have scored 81 or more 3 times this year
                  St Louis
                  Coastal Carolina
                  Friends

Somehow I think you might be overestimating our ability to put the ball in the basket lol

Comment

Memphis was exposed last night for sure. However, they are very athletic. We do not match up well with them. I expect a Shocker outcome no more enjoyable than being outside shoveling snow on Sunday. I think we get drubbed. But all 900 of us in attendance will say hi to Jaykwon for you all.

Comment

Memphis swarming defense is the type that troubles this Shocker team. Looking for that special upset victory that is as difficult as pulling hens teeth on an icy day.. The freezing temp. outside will not stop the Shocks from improved shooting inside.

WSU 70

Tigers 68
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Memphis 80
                        WSU 62
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If we win, I'll definately 'consider' running naked around Koch Arena a dozen times following the game; it will be a sight to behold... hopefully, I won't be arrested like this jackwagon...

Don't miss the slow-mo...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

All Memphis has to do is ramp up the pressing defense and cause 20 TOs and it won't be close.

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X